Did you know there are over 14,500 alternative fueling stations located in the United States? Every year, more and more alternative fueling stations are opened around the country. The Department of Energy's Alternative Fuels Data Center provides an online tool to make it easy to locate stations by state, zip code, or even by traveling route.
To find where the nearest stations are located, click on the link below.
Norwich, CT CNG Stations
Norwich Public Utilities owns and operates two Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) fueling stations in Norwich, CT. The newest station, opened in May 2016, is located adjacent to the Shell Gas Station at 168 West Town Street. The station has direct access from I-395 and is in close proximity to Route 2 and the Stanley Israelite Business Park. The features of the new station include:
- A single dual hose, quick fill dispenser (3,600 PSI) with access for vehicles on both sides and the ability to service vehicles of any size.
- Service island that is covered by a canopy.
- 24-hour access, seven days a week and completely self-service, accepting both credit and debit cards.
- Commerial billing accounts are available from NPU.
- Conforms to all Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements.
- NPU's control rooom provides around the clock monitoring and security of the facility.
The second station is located at 157 North Main Street, Norwich, CT. Open 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, this station does not accept credit or debit cards. For fueling information contact NPU at 860-887-2555.